Cyber attacks, defined as "threats on information and communication systems", develop day by day and appear in different types. There is a rapid increase in the number of cyber attacks against many official and unofficial organizations in our country as well as in the world. In addition, news of attacks on cyber security, the most critical security threat of the 21st century, and various activities carried out by countries for cyber security are constantly published in print and visual media.
Information security is an issue that is handled extensively in the world and in our country. Realizing that information security is an integral part of national security, it is seen that developed states take strategic decisions and determine concrete steps in this direction. In our country, important initiatives have been initiated in this regard, and structures have been established to ensure coordination in this regard.
Information Security Engineering: It refers to a complex environment with gaps between fields such as Cyber Security, Information Security, Network Security, Internet Security, Critical Information Infrastructure Protection and Application (Software) Security and lack of communication between its actors. Closing these gaps and making communication effective can be achieved by putting forward a holistic approach in this regard. Especially in academic studies and all kinds of systematic security solution search, it is necessary to know what is focused on and which points are less discussed.
In our country, a significant portion of those who are engaged in research and project development in the field of informatics are computer engineers and engineers who have graduated or master's degrees in the field of computers. Despite these positive developments in our country, unfortunately, our manpower trained and qualified in the field of information security is almost negligible. The reason for this is the lack of staff with doctorate degrees in universities and the sector, in addition to the inability to do enough research and development, it is seen that the existing staff cannot focus their energy on the development of the country and the production of added value.
It is thought that the Information Security Engineering program will contribute to the elimination of this deficiency and to close the qualified personnel deficit in our country.
The main objectives of this program are listed below.
1. To train high-level Information Security Engineers who can provide solutions to complex problems with the qualified personnel needed in our country,
2. To train academic staff needed in the universities of our country and to try to make up the shortage of academics needed,
3. To increase the quality of our country's Information Security Engineering education and research,
4. To pave the way for the production of high value-added projects in our country and to make more use of EU Security projects, which have been funded more recently,
5. To contribute to the safe development of the information sector in our country,
6. To contribute to the development of the Information Security sector in our country,
7. To contribute to the rapid increase and spread of knowledge by increasing the number of national and international conferences, symposiums and workshops held in our country,
8. Developing national solutions in cooperation with relevant units,
9. To ensure the development of international cooperation by cooperating with international universities,
10. To increase the scientific prestige of our country on the subject,
11. Solving the problems encountered by the units / institutions on site,
12. To bring important publications to the world of science in terms of both quality and quantity. To contribute to the scientific reputation of our university and our country by publishing papers in conferences and articles in scientific journals.
Send us your opinions, requests and evaluations.